Here’s a great make ahead dessert that will impress your guests with unusual flavour twists, and it incorporates chocolate – say no more!
This dessert will impress because it exceeds flavour expectations with the tea twist and a little texture from the residual leaves. Don’t tell anyone how easy it is and they will think you are a genius.
Making dessert in advance saves last minute stress and leaves you free to enjoy the company of your friends rather than fussing in the kitchen.
- These lovely little chocopots will still happily in the fridge for a couple of days but do add the honeycomb at the last minute.
- A few edible flowers will lift your presentation too.
- Use good quality chocolate – it really makes a difference.
- You could experiment with flavoured chocolate to add another dimension.
Tea-infused Chocolate Pots
- 2 cups chopped good quality bittersweet chocolate
- 2 ½ cups thickened cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ½ tsp Dilmah Earl Grey tea
- ½ cup sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- ¼ vanilla bean
- 1 chocolate-coated honeycomb bar
- Pre-heat oven to 150°C.
- Heat milk in a small saucepan until hot but not boiling. Remove from heat and add the tea. Steep for several minutes until the Earl Grey flavour is developed. Strain most of the tea but leave a tiny amount of residual tea. Set aside.
- Into a large bowl place chocolate, thickened cream and sugar and simmer over a saucepan of water of water until chocolate is the melted and sugar is dissolved. Blend in the infused milk and egg yolks. Stir.
- Divide the mixture between 6 small coffee cups (demitasse). Cover each cup in plastic wrap and place in a dish of water so the water is halfway up the sides of the cups. Gently pierce the wrap to prevent sweating.
- Bake until just set (50 minutes) then refrigerate.
- Top with crumbled chocolate-coated honeycomb before serving.
Disclaimer: Recipe supplied by Dilmah.
Try these other dessert recipes – I guarantee they are good!