Feast on the fresh flavours at The Curated Palte from Sunshine Coast Food Festival with a rich menu of 85 events from 28 July to 6 August.
The Curated Plate Sunshine Coast Food Festival
The Curated Plate brings local restaurants, top chefs, farms and event operators together with ten days of amazing events on the Sunshine Coast just north of Brisbane. The events are located all over the Sunshine Coast, from Maleny to Eumundi and Caloundra to Coolum. They are well priced, too, with opportunities to experience some of the coast’s best-loved fine diners, such as Spicer’s Tamarind and Harry’s on Buderim.
My favourite event from last year? Well, that would have to be the Trawler to Table Cruise. It marries Mooloolaba’s love of cruising and maritime activities with its natural partner, the region’s incredible seafood produce, right where it is harvested. It includes a scenic river cruise where you stop at Mooloolaba fisheries to sample those famous prawns you’ve seen on so many menus and lunch at the waterfront See Restaurant.
Eat drink and be Kerry’s Top Curated Plate Seafood Events
It wouldn’t be a Sunshine Coast Food Festival without seafood, I admit to being more than a little seafood obsessed. These are my top seafood-focused from last year events.
- Wrap your lips around sweet spanner crab at the Sunny Coast Crab Lunch at Malt Shovel Taphouse Sunshine Coast, The Avenue, Birtinya.
- A five-course Pol Roger and Local Seafood Degustation Lunch at Bella Venzia .
- A Shucking Good Time with a Saturday seafood lunch experience where the guest learns what’s involved in sourcing and serving the freshest oyster.
- Native Bushfoods and Seafood Cruise with a three-course lunch.
- Best value – A Nautically Curated Lunch Menu at The Nautical. Two courses for $50 with a glass of wine. Available Wednesday to Sunday throughout the Curated Side Plate 2022
Sunshine Coast Food Festival Masterclasses
Masterclasses are a great way to learn more about the things you love, especially when they involve eating and drinking.
Here are my five festival faves –
- Master growing gourmet mushrooms at home.
- Join Brouhaha Maleny’s lead brewer, Thijmen, for the ‘Brewer for a Day’. This is a hands-on experience where you’ll learn how to craft great beer.
- Learn about Fermentation Fun with Good Harvest Organics .
- Journey from Crop to Cup with Montville Coffee.
- Cocktail Master Class with Paradise Rum.
Find the full program for this Sunshine Coast Food Festival at The Curated Plate.