It doesn’t always have to be about chocolate eggs. Mix up the fun this year with a scrumptious Easter Chocolate Tart.
It’s easy to overindulge in chocolate at Easter, but you’ll enjoy the flavour without eating too many chocolate eggs if you make a chocolate tart recipe!
Katrina Neill, a chef for Sunny Queen Australia, has created a delicious chocolate tart in celebration of all things Easter. This Easter Chocolate Tart is the perfect treat for those with a sweet tooth, especially those who love smooth, rich chocolate. Make it your focal point for the lunch or dinner spread.
“The secret to this Easter tart recipe is in the eggs, and what better way to celebrate Easter than with eggs, both chocolate and free range? High-quality eggs and ingredients make all the difference when it comes to desserts,” Katrina said.
Easter Chocolate Tart
Mix up your Easter baking this year with an Easter Celebration Chocolate Tart and put a smile on everyone’s face with this Easter dessert.
- SWEET PASTRY:
- 320g plain flour
- 50g icing sugar
- 175g butter (softened)
- 2 Sunny Queen Free Range egg yolks
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- CHOCOLATE FILLING:
- 4 Sunny Queen Free Range eggs (at room temperature)
- 3 Sunny Queen Free Range egg yolks (at room temperature)
- 60g caster sugar
- 300g chocolate (approximately 53 per cent cocoa)
- 200g butter
- Beat together butter and sugar until light and well combined
- Add sifted flour and mix until it forms into crumbs
- Add yolks and knead together to form into a dough (add water if needed to bring together)
- Form into a ball, cover in plastic and chill for at least one hour
- Roll out pastry into a circle, approximately 5mm thick, and line a buttered 24cm flan tin
- Return to the fridge to chill then blind bake the tart shell for 10/15 minutes or until golden brown
- In a bowl, melt chocolate and butter together until combined then allow to cool slightly
- In a mixer with whisk attached, whisk the room temperature eggs, yolks and sugar on high until it becomes very thick and light in colour
- Turn down mixer speed to low/medium and slowly and gradually add in the chocolate mixture.
- Mix for an additional 20-30 seconds, then very gently using a spatula, fold the mixture by hand until combined, being careful not to knock out too much of the air
- Pour mixture into the pastry shell and bake for 15 minutes at 111°c fan forced oven
- Allow to cool
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 610Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 275mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 2gSugar: 27gProtein: 7g