When love is in the air, it’s time to treat your partner to date night somewhere special. You’ll find the perfect spot in this list of 15 top Brisbane romantic restaurants.
When you are looking for somewhere special to dine for Valentine’s Day, a birthday treat, special anniversary or maybe it’s an important romantic date and you just want everything to be perfect, these are the restaurants where you will have a memorable experience.
Even if it is just your regular Brisbane date night, we all deserve something special and that’s what you’ll get from this list.
Browse below for the top 15 Brisbane romantic restaurants 2021 which includes suggestions from booking engine OpenTable, but also check out my suggestions for what makes a romantic restaurant. There may be one just around the corner that is just perfect for you!
What makes a romantic restaurant?
Here are five tips that will help you choose a top romantic restaurant.
- For me it must have atmosphere with mood lighting and a view, somewhere that feels a little special. (Tip – no burger joints)
- Not too noisy, because I want to hear what my partner is saying – it’s all about us on this night!
- The food must suit us both so no seafood (for him) and no Mexican (for me).
- The restaurant must take bookings. I’m not queuing up for a special occasion dinner because that doesn’t feel special at all.
- The comfort factor should be high with well-spaced tables so you can’t hear other’s conversations. If the chairs are designed for high turnover, forget it. Date night is a dinner where you might want to linger and enjoy.
aSignature restaurant at Emporium Hotel is a top Brisbane romantic restaurant.
Top 12 Brisbane romantic restaurants 2021
Based on verified reviews from popular dining platform Open Table and food writer Kerry Heaney’s dining experiences, these are the top 12 Brisbane romantic restaurants.
- E’cco Bistro, Newstead – Award winning e’cco is one of Brisbane’s long standing restaurants. You can always be guaranteed of good service and fine food here. Chef Philip Johnson is an accomplished chef and restaurant owner who creates innovative bistro cuisine in an elegantly refined setting.
- Persone Italian Restaurant, Brisbane CBD – Part of the Gambaro family’s group of restaurants, Persone offers upmarket Italian food which still includes the sort of flavours that your Nonna would approve. The restaurant has a riverfront position with great balcony views over South Bank.
- ZA ZA TA, Fortitude Valley –Vegetarian restaurant ZA ZA TA has interesting Middle Eastern cuisine and atmospheric decor to match. Try one of their cocktails at the bar before dining.
- Popolo, South Bank– Top Italian food that Nona would approve with an eye-level Brisbane River view. There’s a bar for a pre-dinner drink and shared plates to enjoy. The restaurant is open-air and has moderate noise levels making it perfect for a date night.
- Otto, South Bank – now relocated to the former Stokehouse site on the Brisbane River at South Bank, Otto‘s fine Italian influenced cuisine is enhanced by the light and airy setting and river view.
Try date night at Nota, Paddington.
6. NOTA, Paddington,- Interesting modern European food from two passionate young chefs in the cosy premises that once housed Montrachet. Noise levels are moderate but can get higher.
Dining at Personne.
7. Signature, Emporium Hotel South Bank – Top-level, award-winning modern Australian dining with a wine list to match. Do check out the walk-through cellar which has over 600 bottles. This is elegant, special occasion dining with a tasting menu available. It’s a spacious room with moderate noise levels.
Italian inspired food at Elio’s Osteria makes Brisbane’s Top 10 Most Romantic Restaurants 2021.
9. Elio’s Osteria, Carina Heights – Candlelit tables and crooners say romance here with Italian flavours at the fore. It’s been a popular southside diner since 1984 and rates highly for value but it’s also popular for a date night.
Find romance in the heritage building of Malt Dining in Brisbane’s CBD.
10. Malt Dining, Brisbane CBD – Close to Eagle Street, Malt is located in a heritage Georgian building and also has a whisky bar. The cuisine is creative and caters for dietary requirements. Low noise levels too so you’ll hear your partner on a romantic dinner..
11. Black Hide by Gambaro, Brisbane CBD – Located in the historic Treasury Building, this restaurant oozes heritage charm and has an impressive array of steaks and Italian themed foods.
12. The Courthouse, Cleveland – Elegant white cloth dining with stunning views of Moreton Bay in a heritage-listed property set on manicured waterfront gardens. Everything you need for the perfect date night.
13. Hellenika at The Calile, New Farm – Be transformed into a Mediterranean dining experience at Hellenika at The Calile. With authentic and fresh produce this restaurant is the ultimate alfresco dining with poolside bites and a hand-curated selection of wines. This outdoor setting is perfect to see all the city has to offer.
14. Hikari, Teneriffe – Inspired from “izakaya”, the traditional Japanese pub. Hikari puts a twist on izakaya dishes to be enjoyed not only with Japanese Sake but with great Australian wines as well. All Hikari dishes are designed to be shared with your Valentine. Hikari’s outdoor setting is elegant and perfect for a night out with your significant other.
15. Mosconi Restaurant & Wine Bar, Fortitude Valley – Escape the hustle and bustle of the city to Mosconi, a European focused Restaurant and Wine Bar. Named after a fine Northern Italian wine – Barolo Mosconi, the refined flavour and long heritage of its namesake Cru is reflected in both the food and the stunning restaurant setting. Be served a modern and unique European bistro or an Italian fare for the ultimate dining experience.