Join Eat drink and be Kerry for a smorgasbord of culinary masterclasses, signature dinners and unique dining experiences at one of Australia’s favourite gourmet destinations for Taste Port Douglas 2023 from August 10 to 13. Taste Port Douglas turns Australia’s favourite Tropical North Queensland playground into one big foodie epicentre for four days of Port Douglas food festival feasting. Expect an all-star lineup of Australia’s best chefs, cookbook authors, television personalities, and wine experts plus Eat drink and be Kerry!
Taste Port Douglas 2023
Tropical North Queensland is home to some of Australia’s most beautiful sun-drenched beaches, superb snorkelling and sublime reef resorts. What better way to take in the sand, sun and sea than dining on some of the most delicious seasonal local produce the region offers at Taste Port Douglas 2023?
Sheraton Grand Mirage Port Douglas
Chefs you will meet at Taste Port Douglas 2023
Using the breathtaking backdrop and tropical location of Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort at Port Douglas and Four Mile Beach, Taste Port Douglas transforms the resort into a bustling foodie epicentre for the weekend. Leading the festival is Port Douglas Chef Spencer Patrick, who operates Harrisons restaurant in Port Douglas. Joining Spencer for the seventh festival is a strong lineup of nationally known chefs.
I’m looking forward to meeting all these great chefs!
- Matt Preston (Journalist, Author, TV Presenter)
- Adam D’Sylva (Lollo, Coda & Tonka, Melbourne)
- Alistair McLeod (TV Presenter & Chef)
- Guy Grossi (Grossi Florentino Melbourne, Garum Perth, Settimo Brisbane),
- Bente Grysbaek (Pope Joan Cafe, Melbourne)
- Ben Williamson (Agnes, sAme sAme, Honto Brisbane),
- Jake Nicolson (Blackbird, Donna Chang, Brisbane)
- Laura Sharrad (ex Masterchef, Nido & Fugazzi Adelaide)
- Ian Curley (Ian Curley, Melbourne)
- Jerry Mai (Pho Nom, Bia Hoi, Melbourne)
- Massimo Mele (Grain of the Silos, Peppina, Tasmania)
- Max Sharrad (Fugazzi Bar & Dining Room, Nido Bar e Pasta, Adelaide)
- Michael Lambie (Managing Director The Smith & Lucy Lui, Melbourne)
- Penny Grant (Shaw + Smith, Adelaide)
- Raymond Capaldi (Industry Legend, Wonder Pies)
- Samantha Payne (Wine Consultant, Communicator, Sommelier)
Taste Port Douglas 2023 festival highlights
This Port Douglas Food Festival starts with Gourmet Golf on at Palmer Sea Reef Golf Course. Teams of guest chefs and festival partners will participate in a nine hole Ambrose competition. Get your own team of four together and join the fun.
Devils Thumb Distillery is presenting a gin mixing masterclass experience at their Craiglee distillery from 4 to 6 pm.
The Taste Port Douglas Launch party takes place with a grazing menu from Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort’s Executive Chef Belinda Tuckwell from 6 pm to 9 pm.
On Friday, the Taste Port Douglas Long Lunch takes over Market Park in Wharf Street, Port Douglas.
Friday’s masterclasses are –
- One hour Caviar and Champagne at Wrasse & Roe Restaurant from 11.30 am to 12.30 pm
- The Allure of the Truffle presented at Epricurean Port Douglas by Lady Truffle, Debs Oliver from 1.15 pm to 2.15 pm.
- The Art of Cheese presented by Peter Gross, one of Australia’s premier cheese experts, at Epicurian Restaurant.
- Taste Port Douglas Gold Medal Wining Rum is a masterclass from the founder and head distiller of Mount Uncle Distillery at the Daintree Bar, Sheraton Grant Mirage Resort.
Friday night dinner –
- Icons of Melbourne – a dinner with Raymond Capaldi, Michael Lambie and Ian Curley, presented by Matt Preston and accompanied by wine pairings by Vasse Felix Winery at Harrisons Restaurant, Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort.
- Taste Port Douglas Takeover will see Jerry Mai pair with Lagoon House Restaurant for an evening of her signature Asian flavours.
Saturday lunches –
- Saturday afternoon from 12 noon to 3 pm is an al fresco Italian-inspired afternoon lunch in Market Park with a three-course menu from Massimo Mele, Aaron Ward and Laura and Max Sharrad. Expect tiramisu for dessert!
- Seafood lovers will be equally delighted by the Catchers and Grower Ultimate Seafood Feast from 12.30 pm to 3 pm at Feast Restaurant in Sheraton Grand Mirage.
- Cafe del Mar Sunset Session – expect sunset with sweet sounds by Beth Yen at Sheraton Grand Mirage from 5 pm to 9 pm with roving canapes and food stations from 5 pm to 9 pm.
- Jake Nicolson’s Taste Port Douglas Takeover of Wrasse & Roe will see a meal featuring Queensland Coral Trout and Cobia, Tasmanian scallops, Ora King Salmon and more.
- A night of fire at Flames in the Forest with Ben Williamson & Bente Grysbaek collaborate with Charly Pretet, from Terra Firma Dining to present a breathtaking night of fire cooking in this unique and stunning location.
The Festival Village continues from 10 am to 5 pm with live cooking demonstrations from some of Australia’s most respected chefs and culinary presenters, food and wine stalls, masterclasses, junior foodies activities, industry talks, pop-up bars, and live music.
There will also be bookable masterclasses from industry experts running between 10 am and 5 pm.
What else do you need to know about this Port Douglas food festival ?
For the latest information on chefs and events lined up for this Port Douglas food festival and to book, visit Taste Port Douglas