These Chicken and Almond Sandwiches are so easy to make but also a fabulous crowd-pleaser that everyone will love.
I’ve been making these chicken and almond sandwiches for over 30 years. They are so delicious people check that they are on the menu when they come for the next baby shower, bridal shower, family picnic or special lunch. There are rarely any sandwiches left over.
Although I usually cut them into finger sandwiches, you can also cut the chicken sandwiches into triangles if you prefer. Whichever way you cut them, they will be delicious!
Chicken and Almond Sandwiches
These chicken and almond sandwiches are perfect for picnics, afternoon tea or a casual lunch.
- 1 barbecue chicken
- 1 finely grated lemon rind only, no pith
- 1/4 cup blanched toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I like Thomy mayonnaise)
- 1/4 cup whipped cream
- salt and pepper
- 250 gm butter, softened
- 24 slices fresh bread
- Remove the meat from the cooked chicken discarding the skin. (Use the bones and skin to make chicken stock if you like.)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the lemon rind, almonds, mayonnaise, cream and seasonings. Fold in the chicken.
- Butter the bread, making sure to reach all the corners.
- Spread the chicken mixture on a slice and top with another slice of buttered bread. Trim the crusts and cut each sandwich into three fingers or triangles if you prefer.
It helps if the bread is frozen to start. The bread defrosts quickly but is less likely to tear when buttering and also cuts better when you remove the crusts.
Use good quality ingredients for the best result.
I find thinly sliced bread works best. You can also use brown and white sliced bread for contrast but make sure they are the same thickness.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 149mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
Eatdrinkandbekerry.net offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.
More Recipes for Afternoon Tea
Try these amazing recipes for your afternoon tea.
- How to make the perfect scone
- Luscious Strawberry and White Chocolate Cupakes
- Easy Macadamia Miso and Chocolate Palmiers
- Easy Double Dark Chocolate Mud Cake