Espresso salted caramel marshmallow, creamed berry honey, spaghetti, crepe suzette, chef’s kitchens, the mother of high teas and more in this week’s Feast on Brisbane #15. A carefully curated collection of the best new food experiences available this week in beautiful Brisbane.
This story includes
- Do you lust after Crêpe Suzette? Remember having them cooked at your table? Every Wednesday the chef at La Belle Vie Bistro & Bar (60 McGregor Terrace, Bardon) will flambe your crepes tableside with orange sauce and serve them with ice cream. More: La Belle Vie Bistro & Bar
- Look out for new local artisan sweets launching on May 8. Arty’s makes delicious boxes of lemon sherbet, salted caramels, toasted coconut and espresso salted caramel marshmallow. More: Arty’s
- Nonna’s Pizza & Deli at South Bank (opening Thursday, April 29) is new from the Ole Group. The promise classic Italian dishes with a modern twist perfect for shared family-style dining, and ingredients that champion local growers and producers. Think Napoli style wood-fired pizzas, Gnocco fritto a deep-fried dough served with cured meat, and a colossal Antipasto Board. More: Nonnas.
- Hyatt Regency Brisbane has launched a Tastes of Brisbane package in partnership with Eagle Street Pier. From $239 per night and you get daily breakfast at Lennons Restaurant and Bar, $50.00 Food and Beverage credit to redeem at the hotel and a $25.00 Gift Card to redeem at Eagle Street Pier. More: Hyatt Regency Brisbane
Got a Brisbane food update to share? Tag @eatdrinkandbekerry
Moreton Bay bug, bucatini, garlic, basil, chilli, lemon at Nonna’s
Chefs in the kitchen
Learn insider tips from your favourite celebrity chefs at the Noosa Eat & Drink 2021 Chefs Kitchen on June 12 and 13.
The grand marquee on the riverbank at Noosa Woods will have VIP ticket options that put you in the first four rows to see all the celeb cooking action. For $65 you get the premium seat, arrival cocktail, cheese plate, the latest Delicious magazine and a gift from Olsen’s Salts. High profile chefs include Diana Chan, Colin Fasnidge, Kirsten Tibbals, Lucia Ciano, Ollie Hansford, Alastair McLeod and Matt Preston. General tickets are $35.
More: Noosa Eat & Drink
Grazed and Grown
South Bank’s first premium food event in 2021, Grazed and Grown will take place 18-20 June and is set to feature world-class chefs and food, intimate cooking demonstrations, a bustling marketplace, and live music.
More: Regional Flavours
Plan your next escape
Noosa food alert – Get in quick, bookings have opened for the new Sum Yung Guys 2.0 (1/205 Weyba Road, Noosaville). More: Sum Yung Guys. See the old Sum Yung Guys or cook Matt Sinclair’s Fraser Isle Spanner Crab Fried Rice.
You’ll have to travel for this one but don’t miss this new experience in the Queensland Outback town of Blackall. Sharon Cuffe has opened delicious food and stylish homewares store Blackall House and Garden with fresh homemade cakes and beautiful indoor and outdoor plants. More: Blackall House and Garden
Find of the week
Browsing the stalls at Finders Keepers on the weekend I found Two Busy Bees creamed berry honey which is infused with red berries. Creamed honey is aged honey that has been whipped very slowly for a day and sets naturally in the jar. It is thick and delicious!
Made by a father and daughter team in suburban Geebung, Two Busy Bees create artisan cold filtered polyfloral honey, natural peanut butter, nut butter blends and overnight oats, with only the most natural of Queensland grown ingredients. Available online at Two Busy Bees
Diary Date – The Mother of All High Teas
Three tiers of Aussie inspired sweet and savoury treats with a glass of Veuve Clicquot Champagne on arrival, and a fabulous W gift to take home. Living Room Bar, W Brisbane.
- When: Sunday 9 May 2021 – Mother’s Day
- Cost: $95 per person, including a glass of Veuve Clicquot Champagne on arrival and a gift for mum.
- Bookings: W Brisbane
Feast on Brisbane #15 Recipe of the week
Lift your roast game with a Stuffed leg of lamb with rosemary and lemon lamb rub and chef tips on picking a good leg of lamb.
Did you grow up with the joyous prospect of a regular Sunday lamb roast? Roasting lamb has a delicious aroma, and it is certainly a favourite in my household.
What happened last week in Brisbane? Check Feast on Brisbane #14